Millets, are predominantly starchy. The protein content is comparable to that of wheat and maize.
Barnyard millet has the lowest carbohydrate content and energy value amongst all the varieties of Millets. The bran layers of millets are good sources of B-complex vitamins.Barnyard millet is an appropriate food for patients intolerant to gluten
1Cup Barnyard Millet
Salt to taste
1. Dry roast the millet till slightly brown. Powder it nicely.
2. Add salt and Keep it aside. Boil water till you get bubbles.
3. Add hot boiling water to the flour little by little and gather the flour,Mix with a laddle and make a smooth dough.
4. Take idiyappam press and grease with oil,fill the dough and press it in a circular way in the steamer plate.
Idiyappam ready for steaming
5. Steam it and serve hot with chicken curry or channa curry.
Note: Can make this with any millet..Eat healthy Live healthy
Stay Tuned for another healthy recipe....